Real Estate Agents and Brokers in Ghana on KAWAS
This page displays the list of Estate Agents and Brokers who have been listed on KAWAS. This page also shows and explain some of the Brokers and Realtors terms to help both buyers and sellers understand important information before going into contract.
Who is an Agent?
At KAWAS, we believe the meaning or the purpose of a Broker, Realtor or Broker Associate is to offer both the buyer and the seller an optimum satisfaction at both ends of a deal.
We help Agents reach these professional goals by advocating and implementing branding programs.
Agents acts as negotiators, representatives or spokesperson to clients and shows favorable deals to them.
They also act professionally as Brokers or sometimes Realtors with license and use negotiating skills to win the client's contract. In foreign market this license can be either a sales professional license, an associate broker's license or a broker's license.
What to know about the Ghanaian Agents
In Ghana, most Agents are called Land Agents, House Agents or simply Agents. They are the frontmen or trustees when the deal involves high property valuation and sophisticated documents.
The nature of the Ghanaian Agent Industry focuses on most Agents connecting both parties, thus the buyer and the seller.
As a seller or a buyer, you must find the correct and suitable agent. Most Agents usually work on percentages of rates or commissions at both ends of the deal or transactions.
Breaking Down the Agent Professionals
Agents Performs two duties. Depending on whether they work for the buyer or the seller. When an Agent works for a buyer, they advise the buyers on available properties related and suitable for the buyer's price or strength.
When an Agent works for a Seller, they advice them and provide them with related clients and appropriate pricing standards and prepare the property documents and any other information ready for selling.
As a buyer, the best advice is to see to it that, the property you are buying has been professionally prepared by the Agent.
As a seller, you must also check or find a best Agent who organises and prepare your document to meet current standard in the Realtors Industry.
The following guidelines must be considered when finding or selecting a great estate agent in Ghana.
- Select the best. The best way to select the best Agent is to look through their reviews from their previous clients.
- Select an agent with the right credentials Credentials can be obtained or viewed by ing these agents and asking for them.
- Research how long that agent has been in business
- Look at their current listings. Check the date submitted and time the listing has been placed online. Is it old or new? Most old listings may not be a good sign because a good Agent always sells.
Realtors Job Duties
The following are the Job duties of an Agent.
- The Agent requests, seeks and solicit potential clients to buy, rent and sell properties.
- An Agent has the capacity to learn information about his field and advise clients on mortgages, home loans, market conditions, and other related information about the property.
- Compare properties to arrive at the best price, best properties in a competitive environment.
- List properties for sale with details like location, price, features of properties and comparisons.
- The Agent promotes properties through advertisement, real estate website directories and other types of listings like news papers, radio and posters.
- Accompany prospects and clients by guiding and showing them new properties and convincing them of their advantages and disadvantages.
- Presents purchase attractive offers to sellers
- Has deeper knowledge in the terms and contracts or properties.
- Prepare documents such as purchase agreements, loyalty contracts and deeds.
Understanding the types of real estate properties
The following explains and describes some of the types of real estate properties and the benefits of identifying their terms.
- As a Seller, Buyer, Real Estate Salesperson, Realtor, Broker or Associate Broker, you must understand the relationships between all the types of properties like the land and the buildings on it.
- You must identify the value of certain Geographical locations in-terms of economic impact on the area for business and other business opportunities. You must understand the relationship between the natural resources around these properties.
- These factors helps to valuate your property and arrive at a reasonable amount when pricing.
- Residential Real Estate
- Residential Real Estate consist of either a single family or the external family type available for occupation or for non - business purpose.
- The following list some of the major categories of real estate property types.
- Apartment / Flat: This an individual or single unit in a multi-unit building. The boundaries of the apartment are defined by the perimeter of locked doors as in multi-story buildings.
- Multi-Family House : Often seen in multi-story separate buildings where each floor is a detached.
- Terraced House : A continues row of parallel or organized designed buildings with shared walls and no space.
- Condominium : A Composite building or complex related to apartments but owned by individuals. Neighbours often share common grounds and common within the complex.
- Cooperative: A type of multiple ownership in which the residents of a multi-unit housing complex own shares in the cooperative corporation that owns the property, giving each resident the right to occupy a specific apartment or unit.
- Semi Detached Duplex: A two unit building sharing a single wall.
- Detached Dwellings : This is a separate or detached house or a single family detached house.
- Mobile Homes / Residential Caravans : These are normally mobile homes which can be moved with caravans or through huge buses.
- Houseboats :Floating homes which are normally situated on built on boats or yachts.